Friday, March 7, 2008

Slow News is Good News



I know it's time for another post, but things have been pretty quiet around here. Nothing really blog-worthy has happened as of late. I've been catching up on doctor's visits this week--nothing major, just general maintenance to keep the old clunker clunking. I've found that if I make my appointment first thing in the morning, Tess will usually sleep right through it, which is rather convenient. I did manage to lock my keys in the car at one of the appointments. I had to call a friend to find the secret key hidden at my house and have her bring it to me at the doctor's. So, that was pretty exciting.





I started my Mom & Baby exercise class at the rec center this week (thanks for the Valentine's Day present, Mom!). Meredith is horrified by the very concept of it: exercises for new moms that incorporate baby into the routine. It's not like I'm bench pressing Tess or anything. It's more like, baby's got to be around, so how can you exercise and keep her from screaming at the same time?



There were only 4 people signed up for the class, so I was wondering if it would end up being canceled. So I show up on Mon. and it turns out that I'm the only person who came. Yep, just me and the instructor. So that was interesting. A couple more moms came Wed. & today, so that was better.



Tess is in the stroller for much of the class--we do laps around the gym pushing the strollers (I feel like we're in some kind of baby parade) and use the stroller for balance while doing lunges. The other stuff is more toning kinds of stuff: hand weights, ab work, leg work. I'm sure it's not a really serious workout, but it's good for me and it sets a good example for Tess.



Tess finds the class very relaxing. Today I got her ready to sweat it out by dressing her in her jogging suit, but she fell asleep during the warm-up laps and snoozed through the whole class. Now that's my kind of exercise!





I'm glad the weekend has finally arrived. No major plans here. Ry's put the shnug down for bed; I made some yummy potato chowder (well, yummy by WW standards, anyway) for dinner; and we rented a movie that we can snuggle up and watch together ("Thirteen Days"--I hear it's one of Nathan's current favorites!). Maybe something exciting will happen this weekend. If it does, I'll post a blog!


2 comments:

Maureen said...

I love her little sweat suit... she just needs a sweatband around her head! She's plumping up so beautifully, I can't tell you how much I want to kiss those little chipmunk cheeks! Bring that baby to see us already!!!!

Maureen said...

P.S. I'm PROUD of you for doing that class-- you ROCK!