Friday, March 28, 2008

In Full Bloom

















Things are in full bloom around here! I walked outside the other day and the scent from the blossoms was so strong, it smelled like someone had just spritzed perfume in front of me.

















These are some pics of blossoms from entrance to our neighborhood. They are the very essence of Popcorn Popping!

















(It's embarrassing to admit that I was well into adulthood before I realized what that song was really about--I guess I thought that there really were popcorn trees that grew somewhere.)

Perhaps it's all the pollen in the air, but I thought I'd share my most recent favorite lullaby for Tess, Apple Blossom Fairy (no, that's not me singing!):





Tessie has really been blossoming lately, too. For a long time now, she's enjoyed looking at her mobile, but she's never been too keen on trying to reach for or grab things placed in front of her.

Well, all of a sudden last night she started reaching for everything in sight! It was as if she had a moment of awakening! She was so riled up, it took some time (and 7 oz. of formula!) to calm her down for bed.






And last, but certainly not least, love is in full bloom here, too! My sweetie and I had a lunch date today. We LOVE the weekends! Every Friday I tell Tess that's its one of those special days that Dad comes home from work and doesn't leave the next day!

All weekend, Tess spends so much time just looking at Dad--she hardly gives me a glance. I suspect I'm not the only one in love with cute Ry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance that you're having lunch at a new Sandia's? If it is, I think you'll have another "full bloom" to journal. I'll be "full blooming" right out of my clothes after a week there! See you in a couple days! Love, Dipsy

Unknown said...

What fun toys you have in T-Belle's crib! How could she ever want to go to sleep? Where did you get the rings and that sweet little doll with the big smile?

How is Ryan dealing with things being in full bloom? It makes me want to sneeze just looking at it but it's sure pretty.

Fuzzers just rolled over yesterday from back to stomach. He's been doing stomach to back for a week or so.

Are you going home this coming week? If so, have a great trip and take lots of pics. Reen's little book for Tess is ADORABLE!! I want one for Fuzz too. She needs to have her own website and sell her amazing creations! :)

Maureen said...

AWWWWWW! I love the lullaby video, you always make mommyhood look so idyllic :)

The trees are lovely, I'd be happy to just have the snowflakes stop!

Kenzie's comment:
"You did super good, you did really really super. THANKS!"