Sunday, March 2, 2008

This is Better Than American Idol!

I recently ordered some books from the library that are supposed give you ideas to stimulate your baby's intellectual and emotional development. The illustrations in one of the books are SO BAD, they had Ry and I laughing like crazy! I refuse to implement any of the ideas in this book out of fear that Tess will end up looking like one of these mutant creatures!

And some of the tips themselves were pretty terrifying. Let your baby play with a balloon (major choking hazard!) tied to his wrist with a long string (major strangulation hazard!)? Or how about letting baby play with a coffee can? Evidently, it's never too early to start breaking the Word of Wisdom. I didn't post the picture of baby using dad's ashtray as a teething ring.

So, it's time for a new poll! Cast your vote for the creepiest baby illustration:



2. Baby Skeletor


3. Baby "Daddy, Why Does the Mirror Crack Every Time We Look In It?"



4. "Coffee-Buzz" Baby


5. Baby Alcatraz



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH! Not fair! You gave me no heads up, no warning, no "this material may be offensive to some viewers" -- Nothing! It's like when I curl up to Brian at night with a "whatcha reading?" and get a very unwelcome glimpse of a pic of someone's mole magnified 300 x's. How do I get these images out of my head. I so very much want to clear them out to make room for something more wholesome. Obey, weak mind! The video was super, super adorable. Granted, you played the cute kid card, but Tess pulled it off. I only wish it had been played with the "My schnuggy" soundtrack.

Mer

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, those killer Tess eyelashes--so long and lovely!
All the better to cover her eyes to keep her from seeing the horrific illustrations in the creepy baby book.
You've got to wonder about that last crib illustrations. The bars are obviously more than the requisite 2 inches apart--just ripe for a baby lynching. AARGH.

xo Nana

Maureen said...

Don't make me laugh so hard! Laughing makes me cough, and coughing makes me choke, and my kids will be left motherless!

Baby Alcatraz takes the cake... he has a glint of desperation in his eye as he waves his rattle in a silent cry for help...

Loving your blog backgrounds, you keep changing them... where you getting all this cuteness from?

Unknown said...

VERY SCARY!!!!! The crib isn't even up to code in the Baby Alcatraz pic!! Tessie will have baby nightmares after seeing those pics.