Sunday, March 28, 2010

Released

I show up 10 minutes late for church this morning, and Ryan informs me that I was just released from the Relief Society Presidency. Sure, Ryan. Except he says he's not kidding. Sure, Ryan. No, really, he's not. The whole Presidency was released.

What?

"Brother Gray was going to talk to you before church about it, but you weren't here."

But I talked to Brother Gray just yesterday afternoon and he mentioned nothing about it.

Turns out our President & her husband were called on a church service mission, so she was released. The former First Counselor was called as the new President.

News to me. I guess that's what I get for being late to church.

But don't worry, it doesn't mean what you think.

3 comments:

ML said...

Huh? What does it mean? We had so many plans!

Ann said...

Congratulations Miriam! Not on being released, on the baby!!! I was SOOOO EXCITED when Ryan called me!

Maureen said...

Short-lived freedom, eh?