Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Losing Patience

OK, this wait is KILLING me. How in the heck can it still only be WEDNESDAY?

I'm considering doing a home pregnancy test, but I'm trying to decide if it will make the wait better or worse.

Here's the scoop on a HPT at this point:

"Performing a pregnancy test within 7 days after the egg collection procedure can result in a false-positive result because of residual HCG after the shot is given to trigger the final maturation of the eggs."

I'm past this point, so I'm not likely to get a false positive.

"In addition, the urine pregnancy test may be spuriously negative if performed less than 14 days after the embryo transfer."

I could get a false negative.

So, if it comes up positive, it's probably accurate. If it's negative, the bloodwork could still show a positive result.

I've never seen a positive pregnancy test.

Tomorrow morning would be the best time to test. Or I could just be patient.

What would you do?

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Don't do it.

RKH

Nana and Papa said...

I'm going out in the backyard right now to sacrifice a goat in your behalf! Not to worry, however. It will be a Gund Goat from the build-a-goat store, so no actual goats will be harmed in this sacrifice.

Hang in there. We're keeping the way good thought for you.

xxoo Wendy

Dipsy said...

I can think of a hundred things more fun than peeing on a stick and still not knowing for sure.

Love you girl! Mommy

Dipsy said...

I wanna know which grandma she was thinking of when she was hobbling around with a big stick! I'm sure it was the grandma that sacrifices goats! It all is kind of Old Testamentish.

P.S. to Nana: Here's hoping there's some leftover goat stew when I come visiting next week!

Maureen said...

Wait. Wait. Wait. There is no reason to risk unnecessary disappointment. Although, I can recall peeing on sticks when I knew it was a few days too early... waiting is hard!

ML said...

Free the pee! Free the pee!

Nana and Papa said...

March 24, 2010 9:10 PM

<< Dipsy said...
I wanna know which grandma she was thinking of when she was hobbling around with a big stick! I'm sure it was the grandma that sacrifices goats! It all is kind of Old Testamentish
>>

All I can say that Dipsy better watch it with the talkin' smack, or this old goat grandma just might have to smack her with her big stick!

Love and Kisses,
the Old Testament Nana

Unknown said...

Ahhh, what to do, what to do. At first, I was with Ry. Don't do it. Then I remembered all of the things I've done to find out if I am having a boy or girl. (mostly crazy superstitious things) so I know how hard it is to wait for news. I say wait. Start counting down the 24 hours :) Stay busy today.

Ann said...

Ryan-I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing from you on my blog!!!! I am glad that you sign your initials too-otherwise I might wonder if it is Miriam. :) Thanks for your awesome comments!

Maureen said...

Your header makes me happy! Love the graphics fairy site, you need to tell Miranda about it.