Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Peeps Contest Finalists 2010

The Post picks are in! You can view the winner and 37 finalists online.

This should give you an idea of the kind of competition I was up against:



The winner works for a company that designs virtual-reality goggles, and he relied on his experience with 3-D computer modeling to create the basic structure. "I built the house using a computer first, and figured out what kind of pieces I needed to cut out of wood," he says. "Then I just bought plywood, drew the pieces on it and cut them out."

I'm happy to note that of the 1,100 entrants, I did at least get a mention in the article that will be published this Sunday:

"Dozens of dioramas showcased Shaun White's Olympic conquests, while other tiny scenes took their competitive cues from curling and hockey. A slew of dioramas captured the nonathletic exploits of Tiger Woods and Gilbert Arenas. And there was plenty of localized fodder, as well: The Salahis, the record snowfall and the departure of Tai Shan all warranted the Peeps treatment."

There are lots of great entries (some that must have taken 100 hours to complete!).

So which is your favorite?

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Where da link?

ML said...

Okay - some were super creative, but you definitely should have been among the favorites. I saw that another Higginbotham made one. My favorite is probably the Hitchcock (after yours, of course).

Ryan said...

The link is in the first line of the post. I changed the color to light blue so it stands out more.

Nana and Papa said...

I'm a little nervous about what is happening to your chocloate bunny in the header! This doesn't bode well for any Peeps that may enter your house unawares. . .
xo W.