Thursday, March 25, 2010

Magic 8-Ball Says...



When Ryan came home from work, he let me know his position on the home pregnancy test pretty clearly.

"You can do what you want, but please keep in mind two considerations:
  1. I don't think you should do it.
  2. If you do it, please don't post the results on the blog."
He stood by his position, even after a long conversation about whether he would want to know if there was another human being growing inside his body.

Apparently he would wait. And it's true--he would. He's never even tempted to open birthday presents early.

Later last night, Ry asked me where I would go to get a pregnancy test.

"The drug store."

"Well, don't you need to get going?"

"No."

"What??!! Miriam, do you mean to tell me you ALREADY BOUGHT ONE??!!"

"No, for heaven's sake! I'm not going to do it. You were pretty clear about your position, and you're probably right."

He was genuinely surprised. Geez, am I really that headstrong?

So sorry, Meredith. No sparkle. I'm still as clueless as I was yesterday. Tonight I may be going out to buy a Magic-8 Ball.

Nana & Papa called this morning and offered to take us out to lunch at the mall so I could get my mind off it. We had lunch at Nordstrom's, and Tess met the Easter Bunny, went on a train ride around the mall, and played at the play place. The most entertaining part of the day may have been when Wendy was demonstrating for us her "grandma hobble" when a man with a cane walked up from behind. I don't think he saw her, but she sure straightened up quickly!

Exhortation for the night: Do you know where your goats are?

5 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! That is some serious self discipline. I would be taking test after test! Especially if I understand you correctly. If it says "yes" -then you are. If it says "no"-you still may be? Is that right? Glad you had a fun day to keep you occupied! You will know soon enough!

Unknown said...

Yes, Ryan has always been like that. It always amazed me that he could make his Halloween candy last until summer. Patience is his virtue. One of the many things I heart about my bro. I am with Ann. I can't wait for anything. If you are still awake, pregnancy tests are $4 at Walmart :) Morning will be here soon enough, though.

Shari said...

I could NEVER wait!!!

juanita said...

will be thinking of you tomorrow (or I guess by now later today as its after midnight).

Maureen said...

I'm with Ryan on this one. And you're a good wifey for honoring his wishes. He should bring you some chocolates :)