Monday, March 1, 2010

Bump It Up...Again


Ewww-what is that?
The crook of my arm after blood sticks every-other-day.
I don't even bruise easily.
Just be glad I'm not showing you my belly. Ewww!


Well, there's good news and there's bad news. Which do you want first?

The good news? That's what I'd pick too.

Ok, the good news is that the ultrasound shows that the follicles are growing. Mature follicles measure about 18 mm. On the right side I have one 10 mm and one 9 mm follicle. On the left, there's an one 11 mm and one 7 mm follicle. There are smaller ones as well, these are just the best growers at this point.

The not so good news is that my estrogen is still low. My last visit it should have been at least 100 pg/ml and it was only 37 pg/ml. This time it was 73 pg/ml--up, but still too low.

This means I get to bump up my Gonal-f dose to 450. That's a stinkin' high dose. So much so that I have to divide it between a morning and evening shot.

The bad news is that the increased dosage means I need to order more medicine. About $1000 worth.

Have I mentioned that this is the LAST time we are doing this?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeewww. You should have had a warning for me!! :)) I actually am doing better with the whole blood thing.

Ann said...

Oh Miriam! That arm looks so sad!

Leslie said...

Thinking of you all!

Maureen said...

As Swiper says: Awww, man! I'm really sorry about the extra dose and the extra $. It does sound like you're making progress, though. Good luck and lots of love!!!