Tuesday, March 16, 2010

IVF Irony #368: No Children Allowed

Shady Grove has a policy of not allowing children in its offices. Even if they conceived the child.

I know they mean well--they're just trying to be sensitive to those without children. But there's a definite irony afoot: the one thing anyone in that office would give anything (e.g., $10,000 + your sanity) for is a child, but heaven forbid one walk through the waiting room door.

Come on--she's living proof that it can work!

So, with one IVF success story behind us and IVF appointments every three days, I've had a lot of help over the past couple months. We have a really great ward, filled with so many good and helpful people. Sometimes I wish I had one really good, best friend. I don't really have that here (I guess that's what Ry's for), but I do have lots of supportive friends who help out in any way I need.

I am thankful for the many helpful hands that have taken care of Tess during my many, many appointments, including Pati Stanford (my ever faithful VT), Sharon Pomeroy, Camille Meservy, Kathleen James, Natalie Christensen, Janelle Esposito, Lisa Haney and Stephanie Demartin.

And of course a BIG thank you to Wendy & Keith who have put in their time as well!

I've had offers of help from many more, and I'll likely have to add to this list because the appointments are not over yet.

Pregnancy test March 26th at 8:30 am.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

One more reason to be eager for March 25 to be over!

Ryan said...

Amen, sistah!

ML said...

best of luck!

Leslie said...

fingers crossed. hope all goes well. Glad you have so many supportive friends. Your sister was my most supportive and helpful, always there when you need her kind of girl when I was in the burg. I felt blessed.