Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Out

This storm is no joke! Government's closed again today and I'm really glad Ry didn't have to go in this weather. We're up to our necks in another 6 inches and the WIND today is unbelievable. With gusts up to 60 mph, we're now officially under a Blizzard warning!


This is a newspaper pic of Smoketown Road, a major road in our neighborhood.

We're at day 6 of having Ryan home, and I must admit it's been pretty nice! I have half the number of diapers to change, I haven't been up before 9 am all week, and Ryan is a great playmate for Tess. He's also great at giving baths, reading nap & bedtime stories, and fixing her lunch. He's not so great at doing her hair, though he made a valiant attempt this morning. That's OK since the only visitor we have a chance of running into is the Abominable Snowman.



Day 2 of shots, and I felt it today! Reen wants to know exactly how many more shots. I have 5 more days of the Lupron (suppressive) shots, an appointment on Monday, and then I start the stimulation shots. I have 2 of those a day (Gonal F and Menopur) for about 9 days. Then the all important "trigger shot." So, in all about 24 more shots--give or take a few.

If things go well, I should go in for egg retrieval (no fun) on Feb. 26 or 27th. And if things go really well, embryo transfer would be sometime the first week of March.



Good thing I ordered my meds a week early! Not much is getting through here.



We're safe and warm and in awe of the storm. It has to end sometime soon.

Doesn't it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stay warm and cozy. I want to see a pic of Tess' hair after Ryan did it. Ry, I am still impressed with all of your skills (even if hair isn't one of them).

Maureen said...

That's insane! I've been following the news reports and it sounds terrible.

So now we'll get to celebrate "egg retrieval day"along with either Lauren's birthday or mine! Break out the cake and party hats!

Nana and Papa said...

Apparently, guy-skill with girl hair doesn't run in the H family. Once when I was out of town for a weekend, Keith tried to fix Laura's long hair for church. (She was about 3 or 4.) The next Sunday, a woman asked me if I had been gone. When I asked her how she knew, she burst out laughing and said that it looked like Laura had come to church the previous Sunday with a classic "dad-do." Which is to say, he had put her hair in two side pony tails. Unfortunately, he had put them high and *in front* of her ears. Sort of rocking a Lady GaGa look way ahead of time. . .

xo Nana

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

All I can say is "WOW!" I am so glad I am not in the East. I hate snow more than words can say. Stay safe and warm. It does have to end sometime...but probably not soon enough.

Ann said...

So fun to get your comment on my blog! :) I am actually having a lot of fun having them back!

So, when you were playing around with my pictures, did you figure out that they were for Valentines? Isn't that the cutest idea ever!:)

(And that snow is CRAZY!!!) Marc is supposed to come to DC next week and i really hope it gets cancelled!