Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Christmas in February


$4,000 worth of IVF meds arrived today.
50% copay helps, but it's still breathtaking.

The meds cost us roughly double what they did last time. Different insurance company requires different (more expensive) pharmacy, plus I'm older and harder to stimulate. Oh joy.

When I found out what they were charging us for meds alone, I called the nurse to make sure it was right. I asked her if this was a reasonable amount to charge for the meds she'd ordered.

Her response: "Reasonable? Well of course not. Don't ever say that. The cost of IVF meds is anything but reasonable. None of this is reasonable. But is it market rate? Yeah, I'd say that's about right."

3 comments:

ML said...

Okay, maybe it doesn't seem like the most romantic of Valentine's gifts, but I'm known for requesting some strange V-Day presents too. A few years ago I had Brian order me 20 boxes of the Goya Red Rice and Beans that we always used to eat at your house. Yum. I think that was upwards of $2500. Yucko . . . I'm SO sorry. No fun . . . but Tessie is fun and another smaller version of Tessie would be fun too . . . so just hang in there!

Unknown said...

Oh no! Ryan gets to pull out his DR coat again. I don't know how he does it, let alone you poor thing, Mir!!!

Maureen said...

They just shipped it UPS? No armored car?