Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Face

Last week when Ryan was home, he asked me if I'd ever seen Tess draw a face. A face?

I was skeptical. I'd never seen Tess produce more than some artistic squiggles and dots. "Weird," said Ryan. "I could have sworn I saw her draw a face--two eyes, a nose and a mouth. It kind of creeped me out." Problem is that Tess was drawing on her magnetic eraser board, which she quickly erases between scribblings.

Well a couple days later, I saw it for myself. Two eyes, a nose and a mouth. Sometimes frowny and a sometimes happy. Yep, that would be a face.

Creepy.





(My video editing software is acting up, so sorry this is longer than necessary.)


Happy Tess: A Self Portrait with Hair

7 comments:

Dipsy said...

I am sitting here with Papa, Brian, and Mer and we are all AMAZED at Tess's drawings! She is a GENIUS!

Nana and Papa said...

Yea! Another artist. She and Brooke can set up a studio and support all of us in our old age.

xxoo nana

Nana and Papa said...

And furthermore, what beautiful china! LOL

xo W.

Maureen said...

First of all, that is not creepy. Do not stifle her artistic talents! I think she's doing a lovely job.

Secondly, you don't drink tea. Although the cup is lovely.

Ryan said...

Tess said "creepy" twice this morning in response to my own use of the word. I need to watch what I say. (I said "creepy" when Tess pointed to the United Airlines logo on the computer screen and said "airplane."

Ry

Ryan said...

Actually, it's a soup cup. And I'm quite fond of soup.

Unknown said...

That is amazing!!