Friday, February 12, 2010

Shiver Me Timbers

We've finally finished digging ourselves out of all this snow. After clearing the 2 feet of snow from our first storm, Ryan let me know that any additional snow was mine for the moving.



Just kidding--I'm sure Ry would have helped me if I would have let him. Truth be told, I desperately needed to burn off the countless extra calories I consumed during that storm. Shoveling is a good workout, but I don't think it put a dent in what I needed to burn off!

Ry was back at work today, and we missed having him home. Tess has visited Dad at work so she knows that he works in "C.D." (she can't seem to get the syntax right, no matter how many times we correct her). All day long, Tess kept pointing things out for Dad to see: "Look, Daddy, look!" Then she'd remind herself. "Daddy work. Daddy C.D." Good thing Dad has a 3-day weekend for some more Tessie time.



Now that we're slowly getting back to normal and coming out of hiding, my mother has none-too-subtly informed me that she wants more Tess pictures. You mean to tell me that we narrowly survive the storm of the century, and you've had your fill of snow pictures? Tough crowd!

Well, if cataclysmic weather patterns don't excite you, the following news should rile you up: Tess had blueberries for dinner. So naturally we taught her to give the pirate hook, squint one eye, and say "ARRGGH!" like Bluebeard the Pirate.




Pretty good, huh?



All this pirate talk quickly devolved into a series of funny Tess faces. Blueberries will do that to a girl.




8 comments:

ML said...

hmmm . . . at least her experience with blueberries was better than yours

Ryan said...

i knew that was coming.

Nana and Papa said...

Dagnabbit, Meredith beat me to a snarky blueberry comment!
I can't decide which is cuter--Tess peeking out of the cupboard or her rendition of "shiver me timbers." I'm a pile of warm goo just looking at hese photos!
xxoo Nana

Dipsy said...

I know what you mean, Nana. I'm feeling pretty gooey myself! Wish I could zip in for a little Tess- huggle.

Unknown said...

That is the CUTEST pirate ever! The "shiver me tinbers" melted my heart.

Maureen said...

She doesn't make a very scary pirate. Perhaps she should try being the Blueberry Cat next time.

Ann said...

I love the photo collage of Tessie eating her blueberries! So cute! I saw you put Clover Lane on your list! Have you been reading it? I look forward to what she has to say everyday!

juanita said...

adorable Tess, I love how you captured her enjoying the blueberries!!