Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lovefest



Cupid's aim has been on target today! Love is in the air at our house!



Tess helped me decorate this surprise Valentine Candygram for Dad. She was very excited to show him his surprise. Tess has been pointing it all day long, saying, "Daddy treats! Surprise!"



Ryan and Tess gave me a beautiful bouquet of tulips. Tulips are my favorite flowers because they remind me that spring is coming! They are dynamic flowers that open and close and respond to light. I love how tulips are both graceful and effortless. Toss them in a vase and they basically arrange themselves. Tulips make me happy!



We let Tess pick out her own Valentine's Day gift at the store. In a flashback to our Christmas- ornament shopping experience, Tess eschewed anything pink, red, soft, fuzzy, glittery or covered in hearts.



So we left the store with a gift of Tess' choosing: a Valentine's Giraffe that she's named "Hearts."
In Ryan's words, "It could be worse."



This Nana dress is supposed to be for next Christmas--I'm hoping it will still fit by then! It's a little big still, but Tess looked like a special Valentine in it today.



After several weeks away from church, Tess was very excited to go to Nursery today. I love how she tells me what she did in class on the way home from church. "Class. Bubbles! Bubbles on head. On shoes! Catch them! Friends. Toys. Snack. Nom! Nom! Teacher. Songs. Snowman. Popcorn! Books. Puzzles. Fun!"



Sweet treats for the sweethearts! "Look, Daddy, look! Cake!"



Happy Hearts Day from Ryan, Miriam, Tess &
The Giraffe!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I love that she picked a giraffe. Even long-necks need love!

Unknown said...

I am sure that cute giraffe has a heart shaped spot on it somewhere. Who says giraffes aren't for Valentine's Day!! hee hee. Very cleaver Tessie. You melt my heart.

Unknown said...

I did find a heart spot in it's leg!! I just emailed you a pic.