Tuesday, February 16, 2010

IVF Irony #2

The birth control pills didn't work. And, no, that doesn't mean I'm pregnant.

Warning: The following may be too much information (TMI). Read at your own risk.

They use birth control pills before IVF to control your cycle. They want to make sure your ovaries are "quiet" when they start the stimulation. My appointment today was an ultrasound and bloodwork to make sure all's quiet on the western front.

Well, turns out the birth control pills didn't work and I'm ovulating right now. I can't start trying to grow new eggs while I'm releasing them.

So long story short--I have to stay on the suppressive meds for a few more days. I go in again on Fri., and hopefully I'll be able to start after that.

At least that's what I think it means.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What does it mean?