Monday, May 24, 2010

We're Good

Well, I just got out of my obgyn appointment, and the doctor says everything with the baby looks just fine. He could hear the baby's heart beat loud and strong (I hate those agonizing moments when the doctor is searching around trying to find the heart beat). The baby was very active, which is a great sign. He did a physical exam and said the cervix is closed and everything is normal.

The doctor said 1 in 4 women have normal bleeding in pregnancy, and I guess I'm one of the lucky 25%. He said it's more common in women who are active, and I did exercise Friday morning. It could also be that the cyst I had ruptured, though it was too small for them to see on my last ultrasound. I'm hoping it was the latter explanation.

He said the bleeding could continue, and I'm not to worry about it unless I have pain or cramping. He also said I'm still good to exercise, so no excuses there.

When I picked Tess up from my appointment I told her the doctor said the baby was growing healthy. She took my face in her hands and said, "How feeling, Mama?"

I'm good Tess.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

HOORAY!!! What a big relief!

ML said...

Congrats! That's wonderful news!

Leslie said...

PHEW.

That Tess is something else. What a cutie.

East Coast Jenny said...

I'm glad all is well, and Tess is such a tender little angel. Beautiful and kind, a killer combo.