Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Question

It's 7:15 pm. We had a big storm (with hail!) and Tess has been worried about Dad. For the past hour, I've been answering the same question.

Over and over and over again.

"Where Daddy?"
"Where Dad going?"
"Where Dad going?""Where Dad going?""Where Dad going?""Where Dad going?""Where Dad going?"
"Where Daddy going?"
"Mommy?" "Where Daddy going?"
"Where Dad going?"
"I can't see Daddy. Daddy? DADA? DADDY? DADA? DADDY? DAAAAA-DAAAAA?"
"Where Daddy going?" "Where Daddy going?"

Tess just drew a picture of two happy faces. "It's Daddy. It's Tess."

Go look out the window, Tess.

"Hi Daddy! How are you Daddy? Hi Daddy! I see you Daddy! I come to door. Hi Daddy! I see him! My daddy! My daddy OK."

6 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

That was one scary hail storm. I was really concerned for anyone caught outside in it--not to mention our roof and flowers. No wonder wee Tess was concerned for her Daddy!

xxoo Nana

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOO sweet. She has such a tender heart :)

Maureen said...

What a dear little daughter. She loves her Daddy so.

Maureen said...

PS Love the new Tidbits! Umbrellas... that's hilarious... much better than most Peanuts comic strips these days!

East Coast Jenny said...

Bless her little heart.

Ann said...

That must have made Ryan feel like a very loved daddy!!!