Saturday, May 22, 2010

Long Weekend (and not the good kind)


This is one weekend I will be happy when it's over.

In addition to writing my Sacrament Meeting talk for Sunday and spending WAY too much time how to print it out (since I've yet to figure out how to set up our wireless printer with this laptop), I started bleeding again Friday night.

Why do possible medical emergencies ALWAYS happen on Friday night, when everything is closed and there's the longest possible wait before doctors open again on Monday morning?

So yeah, bleeding again. And considerably heavier than I've had in the past.

So, I call the after-hours, on-call doctor with my clinic, and he says that bleeding at this point in pregnancy is not uncommon, and that it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem with the pregnancy. He said going to the ER would be a waste of time, because they can only offer a diagnosis of what's going on, but there isn't anything they can do to treat the situation. Basically, if I'm having a miscarriage, there isn't anything they can do to stop it.

His advice was to take it easy this weekend, cancel my rockclimbing plans (that was supposed to be a joke), and come into the office early Monday morning for a sonogram. He didn't mention whether or not I should be giving a talk in church on Sunday.

Ry gave me a blessing today and the bleeding has slowed, but hasn't completely stopped. I never had anything like this with Tess, and I'd really like to know what's going on.

But I won't find that out until Monday.

So, in the mean time, you'll become my favorite reader if you can guess what song Tess is singing in this clip.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I tried, but I have no clue. You are my sunshine?

I hate how things like that always happen on the weekend. My kids always get sick on Friday or Saturday night. I'm sure you're worried, and I'm sorry. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Dipsy said...

Hint? Hint?

Nana and Papa said...

I've got it! (My mom used to sing it to me.) "I love you, a bushel and a peck. . ."
And we *do* love you guys just that much!
xo Nana and Papa

Ryan said...

Yeah, Nana and Papa! I was too slow to catch the "bushpeck" line on film. About YOUUUUU!

Maureen said...

Hickory dickory dock.
i guess i lose.