Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April 2010 Tidbits

  • Tonight when we went out to eat, we had to remind Tess several times during the meal to use her quiet voice in the restaurant. On the way home, Ryan asked Tess if she had a good dinner. She responded, "Yes. I too loud."
  • Tess never likes to be left out. I must hear the phrase "I come too?" a hundred times a day. Today when we were getting ready to go to the store, Tess said, "Baby in mommy's tummy come too?"
  • Today when I put sunscreen on Tess' cheeks and nose, she smiled at me and said, "I clown."
  • I had a stroke of genius when I was unloading the dishwasher and Tess wanted to help. Since she loves things that are the "same," I brought down the silverware tray and let her sort the utensils out of the dishwasher. I can't decide who's more brilliant, Tess or I
  • Tess gets so excited about all the "popcorn trees" in bloom. When we drive by a stretch of blossoms, she opens her mouth and says, "I taste it, I taste it! Yum! No eat seeds." Popcorn is one of her favorite treats, and she knows not to eat the unpopped seeds. I checked to make sure she knows it's all for fun. "Tess, is the popcorn on the trees real or pretend?" "Tend, Mom. Da flowers."

3 comments:

Dipsy said...

It's May!

Dipsy said...

Oh, I just saw your May tidbits. Very cute!

Ryan said...

Yeah, I have to post last month's so they're archived.