Friday, April 24, 2009

Tess' Wild Day



Tess had a wild day today. She started the day with a game of chase at exercise class this morning. She's had a lot two-finger walking practice, and she's pretty fast now--if I can keep up with her. We played chase with Grace, Taryn and Sophie--Tess was "it." She loved running after the squealing big girls. Grace kept asking me to "chase her with Tess." Tess also has a new "crawling" partner at exercise class: Danielle. They both have filthy knees by the time class is over.



After exercise class, we had smoothie time. Smoothie Time is one of our daily rituals, and it is my favorite time of the day. She curls up on my lap under a blanket, we share a smoothie and watch Sesame Street--usually Elmo's World. This is the only time she lets me get any snuggles in. She stays on my lap and tolerates the snuggles just long enough for her smoothie to run out, then she squirms off my lap and is on her way.

This afternoon we visited my friend Stephanie and she has--KITTIES! Two very sweet, patient, longsuffering kitties. Tess had great fun pestering them. Tess would try and tickle Bingley's paw (can you tell that Stephanie is a Jane Austen fan?) and Bingley would swat her hand away, to Tess' giggling delight.

Dad came home early tonight, and after dinner we had strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Now that was a good time:






This picture is quintessentially Tessie.
She's trying to make us laugh with her "goofball" face.




We squeezed in a little more walking practice outside before bedtime. Tess is loving the warm weather we've been having. She loves being outside and spends most of her indoor time trying to convince me to take her outside. She has made friends with some of the neighborhood kids. I was surprised when a first grader showed up at our door this evening to ask if Tess could come out and play.

Tess actually managed to work up a sweat outside, and I had to take a picture of her wild, damp curls. Summer humidity should be a lot of fun.



Even after dark, she waited longingly by the door for another outdoor romp. Check out her new ballet moves--I think she was actually trying to lift her leg over the door so she could get out. But who knows? Maybe she was just improving her balance.





A few more snuggles, and she was ready for bed. She was so tired, she didn't even protest! Gotta rest up for another wild day tomorrow!


5 comments:

ML said...

Looks like Tess is right on pace for a May 5th first steps....and you thought I was way off....

Brian

Ryan said...

Dude, you're way off. It's looking like December.

Ryan

Nana and Papa said...

Not sure who/what had the wilder day! Tess or her hair. . .
Such the little personality emerging full force. She may make the NY ballet before she actually walks! Love the photo of Tess with her hand curled under Ryan's chin. Ah, life is good.

xxoo Mom/Nana

Maureen said...

What a cute curly-haired bug! I wonder if she'll tan like you did as a baby.

That first photo is just amazing! Mama's got skills!

Speaking of, Mom gave me some mother's day ideas if you want to call me sometime...

Dipsy said...

These pictures really make me miss my little Tess. Please give her lots of kisses from me. Dipsy