Friday, April 10, 2009

Temptation in the Garden of Egg-Eaten

Easter Eggs



So, Wendy comes up with this truly evil plan to make chocolate-covered peanut butter Easter eggs. I didn't know how evil it was until I tasted one--TO DIE FOR!



They were really easy and the turned out SO CUTE! Wendy & I had a lot of fun sinning together. In all honesty, I made myself a teeny-tiny egg and I savored all two bites of it! It was my afternoon snack. Come on--peanut butter is protein-packed!


My tiny egg. Alas, it is no more!

The rest are going as Easter presents--but only to people I really like! Wendy wasn't all that evil either--at least while I was around!


I am just so Martha.
You can call me "Miriam Stewart."

Eggheads

Just in case you think that only one of my inlaws is wicked (how did I marry into this family?!), Keith wanted me to post this irreverent photo from our most recent Conference viewing experience. I claim no responsibility for this photo!



When we turned on the TV, the speaker looked just fine and then all of a sudden, his head would slowly start growing and growing until the cone finally went off screen. We knew we shouldn't be laughing, but it was really hysterical. I'm surprised we weren't all immediately struck by lightning. Needless to say, we didn't get much out of Conference and we'll all be looking to repent when the Conference issue of the Ensign comes out.

Goose Egg

In other egg news, Tessie suffered a traumatic injury in the grocery store parking lot today. She was being a pill in the store, but I got us out of there, loaded the groceries in the car and was putting her in her carseat when the grocery cart--which contained my purse--started rolling towards an expensive-looking car.



When I dived for the cart, Tessie took the opportunity to dive head-first out of her carseat, which I had not yet buckled her into. I don't know how I managed to catch her before she hit the asphalt, but she did knock her head pretty hard on the car. It was a sickening experience to watch her limp little body fall like that--it's an image I can't get out of my head. She was pretty shaken up (I was too!), but I think she's OK.

A penny for Christmas and a goose egg for Easter--I think I'm done with holidays for now.

4 comments:

Dipsy said...

You are such an egg-ceptional writer! I'm just surprised Tess didn't get her goose egg BEFORE her Easter picture. I am so glad she's ok. Your eggs are BEAUTIFUL! It looks like you and Wendy had lots of fun. Love, Dipsy

ML said...

Oh, I wish I were there to sin with you both. I've been doing my fair of sinning, be assured, but it's just not as fun alone. You are lookin' GOOD girl -- you can't convince me you touched on of those eggs. That skinny, mini body indicates otherwise.

Ann said...

Miriam! You have been a busy poster! I had many many post's to read to catch up! I love Tess!!! I love Tess in her new Easter dress. I about teared up myself!

And the Easter eggs. What can I say??? Marc and I decided to go off sugar for two weeks and now you go and post pictures of a treasured childhood memory. I am thinking I need to make them! I am very proud of you for your baby egg! And it is so cute!

You by the way are looking fabulous!!!! You look so skinny in that picture! Keep us posted on your 20 pound goal. And no more evil baking and then posting!!! :)

Maureen said...

Wow, Mimi, you look GREAT! You've become one of those skinny Moms that the rest of us love to hate ;)

I'm so glad Tess wasn't seriously hurt! That is majorly scary. You have reflexes like a puma!

Those eggs look tasty. I'll pay the shipping and handling!

I think they should do special effects throughout all of conference. People would be much less likely to doze. Even the children would be riveted.