Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Sunday Outing

Tess had her first public debut at church today. She's six weeks old already, and I think some people at church were a little doubtful about whether I'd really had a baby or not. "Sure, Miriam gains a few pounds, has this supposed baby and then we never see her again. Sounds like a ploy to get out of her Primary calling to me." Anyway, we took her to Sacrament Meeting and then Ry took her home for the last 2 hrs. so I could focus on Primary. Paranoid mom that I am, I just don't want her around all the Primary germs. Plus, I'm not sure how well she would fare for a full 3 hrs. at church. She did fine in Sacrament Meeting; promptly fell asleep and snoozed through the whole mtg (I was jealous!). It was fun to see everyone again and show off baby girl.


These other pics are from over the weekend. Dad took some pics of Tess playing with her Glo-E bear that Isaac gave her for Christmas.

A few more pics to show Nana that we're keeping Tess warm in sleeper suits.







The last pic is of Tess after her bath in a towel that was a gift from someone in our ward. I got some of the neatest baby gifts for Tess--I love the towel with her name embroidered on it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she has the most darling little outfits! she slept during church?!? lucky you. we spent 3 hours in the foyer (otherwise known as nursery)

mer

Maureen said...

What a doll! I love the little Mary Janes... who knew they made them in size -3?

Keep the pics coming, I click on each one to make it bigger and then tickle her under the chin with my mouse pointer.

Glad she's getting some use out of Glo-E... Isaac won't go to bed without his!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it!!! I want to hold your baby. She is soooooo cute!!! I look at her and I see you Miriam! Did Nana give you the dress and sweater? She looks so beautiful in her church clothes! I may have to come visit sometime just so I can see her!

Ann

Unknown said...

what a sweet snuggie princess. The pic with her and the bear looks EXACTLY like one of Mir's baby pics: the pic of you in the top right corner

Ryan said...

Ann--Yes, yes, come see us, come see us! The dress is from Laura--it was Brooke's dress. I believe Nana did originally buy it for Brooke. And the Mary Jane's are really just socks with shoes printed on them.
They're also from Laura--did she stock me up well, or what? Thanks, Laura!

Mir

MichelleW said...

Oh she is so cute!!!! I don't blame you for keeping her home. I was able to take my babies out everywhere sooner than church, because our close-knit "ward family" loved to touch her hands and face without even thinking about what illness they might be passing along. I know several moms who keep the hand sanitizer on the ready for any loving soul that stands poised to reach out and touch the newborn without thinking first. I bet it felt good to be back among friends! Glad to see you are doing so well!