Friday, January 4, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name





Today is a day of celebration--baby Tess has made it to the ripe ol' age of 3 weeks!

Ry and I both think she's looking older and more grown up. Her face, tummy and legs have filled out nicely; she spends more awake time focusing and observing what's going on around her; and much to Mom's delight, she's had 2 nights in a row that she's spent more time sleeping than screeching (hallelujah!).

Ry is concerned at this point about the number of nicknames we have for her. He told me that he's really settled on only two names: "Shnug" (that's like "Snug," but with a lisp) and "Lil' Shnug." Hmm...only 2 names and they sound surprisingly similar to each other. He's also thinking about adding "Babylove" to the list, but I believe it's still under consideration.

I choose my nicknames based on how Tess is acting at the time: "Eaglet" has been a favorite moniker for the screeching Tess during her post-midnight feedings. I've also recently adopted "Nutkin," since I finally realized what she reminds me of with her fuzzy brown hair, little beady eyes, and her insistence on having her hands up by her face.



















So, we're open to suggestions if anyone has ideas for fitting nicknames. Don't be offended if your idea is not readily adopted--Ry is pretty particular when it comes to names for the lil' Shnug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite is Tess-ling, or Little Tess-ling. Used in a sentence it sounds like this, "I sure do miss my Little Tess-ling." Love, Dipsy

Maureen said...

Uh-oh, don't let Mer vote on this. She's called my kids names like "Li'l Turnpike" and "Golem."
She'll probably name her "Tessalation" or something.

Then again, what I called my kids wasn't much better. Kenzie was "Piglet" and Isaac was "Mooner." Come to think of it, I'd better not vote either.

Anonymous said...

Daddy laughed and laughed at your "Nutkin" picture!