Monday, June 29, 2009

Thirty-Three, Baby!


I'm feeling pretty good about this 33 thing. It's such a balanced, symmetrical number. I think that's going to be my theme for the year: a life in balance. Balance has never been my strong suit, but I'm getting better at it!

My birthday this year was an all-day party planned by yours truly. After all, who better to know exactly what I want? And it was fabulous!



I started the day with an early morning run with my friends, Chelle and Catherine. It was a cool, golden morning and we had a great time.





After our run, I headed up to Pentagon City for some serious pampering at one of my favorite places: Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Their signature pedicure is ridiculously expensive and ridiculously good--it's a massage and pedicure all in one. Heaven.


My pretty, pampered tootsies!

I took my happy feet back home and then we dropped Tess off at my friend Brandi's house, so I could have a date with Ry. He planned this part, and he did a great job! We went to brunch at a delicious new place I've been wanting to try, Bistro L'Hermitage, and then we took in a movie and saw "Up!"



The love of my life!




Later that night, I met some friends at Tropical Smoothie Cafe for frozen treats. A lot of people couldn't make it, but we had a good time anyway. Except for Chelle, who unknowingly ordered the Fat Buster smoothie and was bouncing off the walls all night long (can we say CAFFEINE?!).


My cute friends:
Stephanie, Chery, Sharon, Me
Chelle, Caroline, Juanita & Brandi

After smoothies, my friend Stephanie treated me to a late night chick flick: The Proposal. Yep, I hadn't seen a movie in 18 months, and I saw 2 in the same day! I rolled into bed after 1:00 am--with the prospect of 9:00 am church looming over me. I'm not as young as I used to be.



But the partying still wasn't over! Sunday, we went had dinner at Wendy & Keith's house. Dinner was so good and Tess had a great time showing off her walking skills to Nana & Papa.

I got some great presents too: a pink purse (which I've been dying for!) from my mom; a neat journaling book to record my running goals and accomplishments from Maureen; a generous donation from Keith & Wendy, which I plan to put towards some new exercise gear; and another gift certificate to Red Door from Ry!

Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday so fun this year! Good thing I only have a birthday once a year--I'm going to need that long to recover!

3 comments:

Dipsy said...

Tess has sprouted some new teeth! This is a cute blog of your birthday memories. You always have known how to live it up! Love, Mom

Maureen said...

You look so FABULOUS! Apparently 33 is the new 21! Glad you partied all day long, I wish I were there :)

Leslie said...

Miriam, you make me not worry so much about turning 30 this year. Or 33 in a few years, since it looks so good and like a lot of fun. Thanks!