Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Great Big KISS for Our Dads!

We are so blessed to have such great dads in our lives! Ryan is such an amazing dad to Tess. He loves her to pieces and she absolutely adores him.

Yesterday she once again proved to us how much of a Daddy's girl she is by watching with golf with him. Voluntarily. And I think she was actually ENJOYING it. Periodically she would point to the screen and say "ball," and she'd show us how to swing at a ball. She let out a shriek every time someone teed off and she laughed if they hit it into a sand trap or tall grass. Apparently this is not proper golf etiquette, so Ry will have to teach her a few things before they can hit the links together. The tutoring has begun: "Tess, that's Angel Cabrera. He's not doing so well." "Tiger, Tess. Can you say Tiger?"

Tess made it through her first week of Nursery sans Mom & Dad. We think she did OK--but since we weren't there, we really don't know. I peeked in on her at one point and she was struggling to get in a chair. All the other kids were seated with no problem. I resisted the urge to sweep in and help her, and she managed to survive. All that time, though, and I don't know what she was up to. When Ry went to pick her up from Nursery, she was having a blast with the bubble machine and didn't seem too interested in going home. I guess that's a good sign.

Wendy & Keith came over for a Father's Day feast this afternoon. Tess was WOUND UP from all the attention. She showed off her new walking skills and jabbered, jabbered, jabbered to Nana and Papa. We wish we knew what she was talking about.

For Ry's present, Tess performed a song that we've been working on all week. She was hyped from all the excitement, and she was not the most cooperative. She did a much better rendition for him earlier in the day. These are our attempts to capture her song on film:


Take #1


Take #2


As good as we're going to get.
I sang this song way too many times today!

Ever have a hard time deciding what to get Dad for Father's Day? What do you get for the man who already has everything? I bet he doesn't have elf windows! If he does have elf windows, then I bet he doesn't have an elfin wishing well--or an elf lantern! Keith better start telling Wendy what he wants for Father's Day before an entire Smurf village takes up residence in their backyard!


You'd better get thinking, Keith.
I saw that they actually sell an elfin outhouse.


Tess got to talk to Baba on the phone today, too. We miss and love him, and we're so excited to visit this summer and get lots of Baba time in.

We have the best dads anyone could ask for! Happy Father's Day, Dads!

2 comments:

Dipsy said...

I love you in that dress, Miriam! I also love the elf windows. I'm pretty sure we're going to have to get some. That Tess is a goof-ball! She sure must sleep well at night after using so much energy in the day. Give her a kiss for me, if you can catch her! Love, Dipsy

Maureen said...

Oh my, I am ENCHANTED by the elfin windows! Remember that for my birthday!

Sorry Mimi, but you were totally showing Tess up in that fine fine dress. You look AMAZING!!

Good job singing, Tessabelle!