Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooky Halloween Greetings!

We've had a fun week of Halloween festivities. Like Christmas, Halloween is one of those holidays that is much more with kids around.

Tess has been a little oblivious to it all--except for the funny pumpkin face on our door from when someone spooked us. Every time we go out, I forget it's there and she starts laughing, clapping and reaching for it. So, she likes the jack-o-lantern face, and she's been a pretty good sport about everything else.



Wed. was our Halloween Primary Party, which was really well done--so many fun ideas and activities for the kids. Ry was still feeling sick, so Tess and I joined together in costume as (drumroll please). . .



. . . Siamese Cats! Because we're practically joined at the hip--get it?! If you don't get it, don't worry--nobody else did either. But it was Mer's idea and I thought it was funny, so I decided to go with it.


We forced Tess to perfect her "cat arch"
so she would be in character for this shot!

Nana has had this cat costume stashed away in her closet since before Tess was conceived! It's perfect because when I was 18 mos old, I was a kitty cat for Halloween, too!


Don't you love my gingham tail? My mom says she fashioned it
from the blue checked material she used to make
curtains for my nursery (for some reason she was
convinced I was going to be a boy).




Yesterday, my friend Stephanie's little girl, Maia, came over to play. Maia had a Halloween party at her preschool and she didn't want to take off her fairy costume. She was really good with Tess. They played house. Maia was the mom and Tess was the baby. Maia fed Tess lots of Cheerios, which Tess thought was great!



Last night, Dad was feeling better and practiced his carving skills on our pumpkin. He picked out a funny face that Tess would like and he did a great job on it! Tess was so tired, but we kept her up for the lighting of the jack-o-lantern.





Tess, in this family you'll have to learn to LOVE Halloween, whether you like it or not! Once she can eat candy, she'll probably require less convincing.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Dipsy said...

One of the cutest blogs ever!

Maureen said...

Siamese cats... Mer comes up with the best stuff.

I love Tessie's white-tipped tail!

Kenzie says: "Happy Halloween!"