Sunday, May 4, 2008

Zoom Zoom!

Anyone who knows us, knows that we have been WAY over due for a new car! Somehow Ry and I have managed to get by for most of our married lives (7 years!) with only one automobile. I like to think it's contributed to family bonding, but the time has come to give the good ol' Corolla a break.

We needed something with a little more space (so, for example, I don't have to stop at home to unload my stroller before I get groceries). But we don't really need a full-sized mini-van. SUV's are pricey and guzzle the gas. A station wagon, perhaps? No--we're not even going there!

Well, I think we've found what I hope will be the perfect car for us! We trekked all the way up to Baltimore yesterday to get our new (OK, slightly used) Mazda5! It's a 2007 and only has 11,000 miles on it. We got a really good deal for just the car we wanted!

The Mazda5 is kind of a cross between an SUV, mini van and a hatchback. A mini-mini van, perhaps? It gets great gas mileage and is really fun to drive. Best of all, it's safe for Tessie--side curtain air bags all around the interior (hooray!).

It has some ingenious design features--all sorts of options to fold down seating to allow for passengers or storage. So, here's the tour:


Isn't it cute?


Say cheese!


Here's my seat!


Second and third row seats.


The seat bottom flips up for extra storage
(I'm thinking, "emergency diaper stash?").


The other seat bottom hides drink holders and a storage bin
that can fold out between the two seats.


Voila!


The back view with third row seats up.


One back seat up and one seat down.


Or both back seats down!



Still need more space? Fold a second-row seat down too!


What the heck, fold them all down!


Enough room in there to take a nap!
(You know you're tempted, Dad!
Looks more comfy than the snow hotel, doesn't it?)


With the sunroof open! Zoom! Zoom!


Happy Mom!


And the requisite Tessie picture.
At least one per post; I know the rules.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! You look GREAT in it--just your color! Now you finally have something to put in that other parking place you've been paying for all these years! Love, Dipsy

Unknown said...

I am glad to see that the Corolla has has a partner!! (we made it for a long time on one care too). It's so nice to have 2 cars.

I am seeing a camping trip in your near future! Fold the seats down, store the food in the storage compartments and head for the hills. I know how much Ryan likes camping. Put his Boy Scouts skills to good use.

Congrats on your new car.

Unknown said...

is the mirror above Tessie's seat there so she can put on her mascara while you drive? ;o) (i am totally kidding) She is a beautiful baby. I need to put a mirror about Fuzzer's seat so I can watch his hair grow while I drive!
So is Ryan now going to pick up sluggers and drive into work?

Ryan said...

Actually, we're selling the Corolla and purchasing this van. I can pick up 14 or 15 sluggers each morning.

Ry

Maureen said...

Oh, WOW! I want one! I've never seen one of those, but I think it's FABULOUS! I'm gonna start saving my pennies right now! You'll have room for all of Tess's ballet class :)

And thanks for the Tessie pic... you know us too well. Although, I haven't seen Sunday's dress yet...

Unknown said...

SWEET new ride Ry. where did you find that pic??? Now you can pick up Werewolf in the slug line. What the heck, he can just live in your van and you could charge him rent.

Ryan said...

I found it on the Hire the A-Team Van website.

Ry