Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finger?-Lickin' Good



I couldn't resist taking a pic of Tess when she fell asleep in her vibrating bouncy chair today.



A friend gave me this chair when we brought Tess home from the hospital. She swore by it; she said it was an absolute lifesaver when her kids were first born.



Was she ever right! This is the only thing we could get Tess to sleep in for the first month of her life. Wendy worried that the hour upon hour of constant vibration might have some detrimental effect on her brain development. At that point, I didn't even care--I just wanted her to SLEEP!



Fortunately, we were able to ease her out of her bouncy chair addiction. When I tried her in it again today, I couldn't believe how ENORMOUS she looked in it! It used to swallow her up, and now she's totally hanging over the edge!



As you can tell, it still works its magic. And she was in a great mood when she woke up!



In addition to letting out high shrieks, Tess has picked up another less-than-flattering practice over the past couple days. The pediatrician told us we need to discourage her from sucking her thumb, or it might become a habit.

Her doctor didn't tell us what to do about this:





Yes, Tess has found her toes. Evidently they are delicious.


3 comments:

Ann said...

Ok, I've been a little slow in checking blogs lately! Congratulations on your new car!!!! I love it! And you look fabulous in it! Also, love the pictures of Tess in her bouncy seat. She really is getting soo big! That is so funny about her sucking her toes. Good luck with that one!

Maureen said...

I would like to nibble her toes as well.

Unknown said...

She is edible!!! Wait until she starts baby food. We started Fuzz on veggies and he is loving every bite.