Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Dipsy Days!



Lots happened while Mom was in town. Much to my sisters' dismay, I decided to actually enjoy my time with Mom rather than spend my time blogging about having here. Sorry, guys--you have to live life a little in order to have something to blog about. Mom flew out this morning, so I decided to work on a post about her visit to keep from missing her too much.



We managed to make it through her whole trip without undertaking a single major project (though late last night she started sizing up my upstairs hallway to see if we could squeeze in more storage for books--"How late is Lowe's open, anyway?"). We'll save it for the next trip, Mom.





We were so content with the sundresses we bought for Tess that the sewing machine never even made an appearance. We may talk the sisters into taking on a summer sewing fest when I come out in June--are you guys up to making matching sundresses for Kenzie, LK and Tess? Come on! Group photo--how cute would that be? We'll find a matching polo shirt for Isaac.



As you can tell from the photos, this visit was mainly about the Dipsy love--that and lots of chocolate. We spent spent Sunday with Keith and Wendy. We watched conference, Tess got in some Nana and Papa love, and we ate chocolate.





Yesterday, Mom came to exercise class with me in the morning and then we went for lunch in Alexandria--yummy crab and shrimp and, yes, chocolate.





We also took Tessie for her first dip in the swimming pool! She was so cute in her new suit and she took to the water pretty well, considering it was fairly chilly. She had big eyes and looked a little apprehensive at first, but she warmed to it quickly (which is more than we can say for the rest of us) and seemed to enjoy herself. We enjoyed the whirlpool afterwards more. (I'm trying to post video in a separate post--we'll see if Blogger lets me.)



Mom and I also took Tess for her first (studio) photo shoot. I have so many pictures of her, it didn't really seem necessary, but we thought we'd give it a shot.



We learned that Tess would not make the best baby model. She spent 99.9% of the time sucking her hands; she got really tired of holding her head up for the camera; and she was pretty stone-faced when it came to giving the cameraman a smile. She had all of us working up quite the sweat trying to elicit a smirk from that baby!



He was able to snap a few cute ones, though. Her special blue dress is a gift from Nana--it's still a little big for Tess, but I love her in it.



Tess seemed to change so much this past week. This weekend she successfully rolled all the way over from her back to her belly, and she also gave us her first laugh! It was so cute, it made me want to cry! Whenever she gets worked up, she makes this panting noise like a dog. I did it back to her and she let out the funniest giggle! She thinks it's hilarious when I pant at her.

We're missing having Grandma Dip around--good thing we get to go see her in just over a month! We love you, Dipsy!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Phew, I was going through cold sweats without my all-Tess access!

The studio photos are cute, but I think you're a pretty good photographer yourself!

We'll be glad to hog our Dipsy once more :)

Pant at Tessabelle for me :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "memory" blog. I actually cried on the plane today, thinking about all the growing up Tess will do before I see her again. What a happy time I had with your cute family. Love, Dipsy

Ann said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A picture of Nana and Tess!! I loved it! So I have to ask...why do you call your mom "Dipsy?" I am sure a story is on it's way!

ML said...

I got in! Wah, hah -- I knew you couldn't keep me out forever! I love, love, love your swimsuit, Mir. Gorgeous color and you look so dang skinny mini! You Go Girl!