Saturday, December 1, 2007

Showered With Well-Wishes

Here are some pics from the baby shower that my friends in the ward threw for me.

We have such a great ward here--so many really good-hearted people who are supportive and excited for us.

It was a really nice shower with lots of friends, a yummy brunch and some really cute baby things.


The shower was hosted by my visiting teachers. I have two stellar, shining-star visiting teachers--which is a lot more than I can say for myself!





Wendy came out for the shower too. She made this beautiful (and really soft and warm) blanket for Tess. It's very sweet--teddy bears on the front and pieced in blue and yellow on the back.



And, I finally got around to finishing up the baby's room. This mainly involved clearing out the closet where I had crammed everything that didn't have a place. But I also got to hang up the plates I found to match the room.

I know, everyone gives me a hard time because apparently it's not normal for china to be the first item you scratch off your baby shopping list. So, humor me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks like it is fit for a princess! I love the china and "Tess". How beautiful the blanket is that Wendy made! It was so nice of your friends to come out when it is such a busy season. I'm glad everyone is taking such good care of you and Tess. Love, Mom

Maureen said...

Um... is that a SHEEP in the top photo? I'm so sad I wasn't at your shower :( Believe me, I have plenty-o-goodies saved up for the wee one. Mom will only be able to pack one outfit 'cause her suitcase will be full of "Tess stuff."
BTW: THE LIGHT FIXTURE WAS A NIGHTMARE.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of being showered with well-wishes. "Earl, get in here. I'm trying to get some hot water again and all the spigot is giving is those durned well-wishes again."

-- your squeaky lil' 9-year-old