Thursday, December 27, 2007

Silent Night?

After a wonderful Christmas with Ry's parents, we're finally back home again. These are some pics from Christmas and the previous night's Christmas Eve celebration.

After an incredible dinner, we opened party crackers , and we enjoyed paper crowns and small trinkets made in China. Mom threatened my life if I posted my pic of her playing her slide whistle. I'm likely in danger for posting Wendy and her skull and crossbones tattoo, but it really helped set the mood for the evening.


Wendy and Mom had a heated rivalry going on as they competed to see who could come up with the most spectacular presentation for the evening's Christmas Eve program. Wendy locked herself away in her room for hours in preparation while Mom hunted around town for needed props.

We knew things were getting little out of control when they started to boast about digging an orchestra pit and stringing high wires for the flying sugar plum fairies. I keep having to explain to Tess that she has crazy grandmas.

I have video from the evening, but Blogger is giving me trouble posting it, so I'll try again later.


Things were so nice and calm at their house, I was a little reluctant to return home to the chaos we'd left behind. But Mom was able to work her magic and help me get things organized and put away so it feels like home again. I've nearly recovered from my infection and I'm feeling much better now.

Little Tess is settling in well at home. We're keeping our fingers crossed, but we think she Tess has finally started to "flip" her schedule from sleeping ALL DAY and staying up ALL NIGHT to being awake more during the day and actually letting us get some sleep at night.

Last night she slept for 3 three-hour blocks, and she easily fell back asleep after each feeding. We were so happy we could cry!

Now that she's getting on a schedule, Tess is a very good-natured baby. She lets you know exactly what she wants and doesn't cry unless she needs something. She spends her awake time just looking around at everything. She's a curious and very dear little bug. We are so IN LOVE with her!

I'll keep trying to post video of her as well. Pics will have to suffice for now.


































Here's a pic of Tess on her "biliblanket" for jaundice treatment. She looks like such a tiny little monkey with that tail. Boy, are we glad that's over and done with!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mini Ryan is adorable; even with the monkey tail. Brooke talks about Tess all the time. She keeps asking when we are going to see her. Hopefully soon =)

Maureen said...

I kinda like the biliblanket. She looks like a firefly or a fairy. And you, girl, you are lookin' GOOD! I wish I'd lost MY baby fat and another 14 extra pounds! Good for you :)