Saturday, September 24, 2011

Scarred

I've ruined my little girl.  


Faces like these are far and few between these days.  The kid is a whiny, crying, nervous wreck.  

I'm trying to return her to a sense of normalcy.  We had Cade over yesterday.  I took them to Chick-fil-a yesterday and we had to leave the playplace after about 10 minutes because she wouldn't stop crying.  She was afraid to go up the tube because she "would miss her mommy."  I gave up and let them curl up on the couch with Curious George at home.


She threw a huge crying fit last night because she didn't want to sleep by herself in her bed.  I had to bring Drew in our room to sleep because she was so loud.  This morning she's been hysterically crying for the past hour because she doesn't want to go to church "after Saturday."  "I want Daddy to stay with me in Primary."  Fine.  She keeps crying.  "I need someone to line up with me."  OK.  She keeps crying.   "No, line up with me AFTER Primary."  Fine.  She keeps crying.  "But I won't feel good cuz my nose is stupped up."  Crying continues.  

At least someone is happy these days.  Well, at least when compared to his sister.  His second top tooth is cutting through and that's a little sensitive.

This is the pumpkin pre-decoupage.  Drewie liked it and he was right.  It did look better before my crafting.





I'm posting the "after" picture for Maur, in case she's really desperate for her pumpkin page.   But I don't want my name associated with it, Maur!



I actually have the orange pumpkin on display.  Because I was going to make TWO of these things!

5 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Let's face it: being a mom is durn hard work. And you are doing a very good job, Mir, wading through the various kid "passages" that make one nuts.

Furthermore, your pumpkin is darling. so there!

xxoo Wendy

Miriam said...

Thanks for the boost of confidence, Wendy! I have a feeling we'll need it come Sunday morning.

Maureen said...

Oh Mimi, sorry for the struggles! I give you full Mommy points for making the right choices: 1) You gave her the opportunity to attend a pre-K course 2) You gave her time and support to see if she could adjust 3) When you had given it a fair shot, you pulled her out, to give her more time to grow & mature. Dr. Spock would be pinning a ribbon on you, girl!

As for the pumpkin... well... it would look good next to that first ghost I tried to make ;) The pictures of Drew with his pumpkin are SO CUTE!! Is that the shirt with the monster on it? Cause Xander just grew into Isaac's old one... they'll be twins across the continent...

ML said...

Am I missing something here? I love the pumpkin -- does that make it worse? I think it's adorable.

Miriam said...

Thanks, Mer, for the vote of crafting confidence. ;)