Thursday, September 1, 2011

August 2011 Tidbits

Tess was riding her tricycle down to the "angel" this evening. It's her favorite landmark on our sidewalk--a neighbor's plastic fairy lawn ornament that she's loved now for years. (Here's proof.) It's also the farthest point she can ride where we can still see her, so it's a good stopping point. I asked her if she would like to take the angel a flower on one of her trips. Ry and I watched her pedal down to the angel, with the flower stowed in the back of her bike. Then we could see her approach the angel slowly with the flower behind her back, which she whipped out for surprising, dramatic effect. We watched her have a long, animated conversation with the angel and then she pedaled back to us. Ry asked Tess what she told the angel. Tess' reply: "I told her to enjoy it!"

Today Tess told me that the animals at the pet store were missing her.

Tess was examining her thighs as she was sitting in her carseat. She reported excitedly, "Mom, my legs getting all wobbly like yours! Yeah! I growing up!"

The morning of our flight home from Idaho, Tess woke me up in bed with big tears in her eyes. "Mom, I don't want to leave Idaho. I like it."

Tess and Lauren were discussing what they want to be when they grow up. Tess informed Lauren that Drew is going to be a "football maker."

The first day in Idaho Tess was playing with all her cousins and I asked if she was glad to see them again.  "Yes," she said, "It's good to see that they still alive."

In the car today Tess pointed out a car in front of us with its blinking turn signal on. "What wrong with that car's light, Mom? It must need batteries or someping."

Tess' Saturday agenda included playing "kitty kitchen" with Dad. The kitties decided to have Family Home Evening together. Ryan's Dad kitty gave a lesson on nature and he asked the other kitties, "Who made all the beautiful trees and rivers and things in nature?" Tess' kitty responded, "Jesus!" Then she quickly corrected her answer, "I mean Kitty Jesus!"

While I (Ryan) was driving yesterday with Tess in the car, Tess pointed out a police car. I said, "Tess, what do the police do?" Tess replied, "They help people. When people fall down, they help them get up or something."

When we arrived at the playground, I (Ryan) pointed out a basketball hoop to Tess. She asked where the hoop came from. I told her that I didn't know. Tess responded, "Maybe the workers built it. That was nice."


"Mom, know why I like Dipsy's Papa? Cuz I like hammocks."

Tess went to play at her friend Cade's house today. She asked me what I was going to do without her and how long I'd be gone. I told her that I'd be gone long enough for her to play. "Mom, I hope you gone a long time."

While reading to Tess this morning, she pointed out and read several words, including: you, start, prince, kids, yellow and baby. She always points at the word and says, "Why that say you?" "Why that say baby?"

Today in the car Tess asked me, "Why that pool beside you, Mom?" We were in the grocery store parking lot, and I told Tess there was no pool anywhere to be seen. "No, Mom, that pool right by your head!" Huh? I turn my head to see the top of my seatbelt shoulder harness, inscribed with the word "PULL." Stunned, I asked her how she knows the word pull. "I just teached myself."

0 comments: