Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Saddest Sight of the Day

Tess has decided that she can go to the potty "All by myself!"  This means that she closes the door, I hear the scoot of her stool, a few indications of success, and then the telltale exclamation:  "I did it, Mom!  I did it!"

(Her insistence on privacy is interesting, since I can't remember the last time I visited the bathroom alone.)

So, this afternoon Tess embarked on a myself potty break.  She closed the door, I heard the stool scoot, and then...nothing for a long time.  When I asked if she was OK, she responded, "Mom, it's wet in here."

I opened the door to find Tess standing on her stool in a very wet puddle.  So close, and yet....

After helping me clean up and disinfect the mess, Tess was delighted to find her underwear, which she had managed to remove just before the accident.  "My underwear's dry, Mom!  Yeah!  I did it!  I did it!"


Way to go, Tess.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Awwww. She's a good little girl.

East Coast Jenny said...

Always looking on the bright side.

Ann said...

Ok-that is so sad yet I LOVE that she said she did it!!!!! Yay Tess!!!