Monday, September 6, 2010

Dust Bunnies

Someday our house will be dust-free.  Not today.  But someday it will. 


Ry and I tackled round two of sanding the drywall patches today.  With the first round we seriously underestimated the engulfing pervasiveness of drywall dust that resulted from the sanding.  Dust EVERYWHERE!  We’ve been wearing masks and waking up at the crack of dawn to get the job completed and cleaned up before Tess gets up.  It is a messy, messy, messy job.

Dad left yesterday after taking on a marathon day of drywalling.  And I mean MARATHON!  It was not an easy or fun job, to say the least.


The walls are coming back together.  They could probably use one more round of patching and sanding before we paint, but I don’t know if we (or our vacuum, for that matter) can take it.
Getting there.  This wall looks pretty good.
Ceiling still needs work.  It's the most awkward to patch and sand.
Hall closet.
Bathroom wall.  As soon as this wall's finished, we get to have the toilet reinstalled.  Simple pleasures.
The most impressive part of this picture is that the washer and dryer are hooked up after a week of no laundry.  I tried to hook up the washing machine drain hose, only to realize the plumber failed to knock out the hole leading to the drain pipe in the new valve box.  The plumber is closed today and I need to do some serious laundry, so I got out my chisel and knocked it out myself!  If you want something done right....
In other home improvement news, we are really pleased with how the shower turned out.  I did a great job of picking out matching grout, and it really made a big difference in finishing it off.
I really love how it turned out--I think Dad and I did a great job on it!
I'm 7 months pregnant tomorrow.  Can we say "nesting"to the extreme?

6 comments:

Dipsy said...

Wow, who does your work?

Papa

Maureen said...

The shower is BEAUTIFUL!! And your walls look much improved. Way to go guys, I know its been killer!

ML said...

Beautiful! I'm stunned that you've pulled this off at 7 months prego. I could only roll around and groan at that point with LK.

Dipsy said...

I love the "nesting to the extreme" phrase. That tickles me. LOVE the shower! LOVE YOU!

Ann said...

oh my gosh. that is stressful and i am not pregnant. nice to have such a handy dad though!!!!

Unknown said...

EXTREME nesting for sure. It looks like everything is totally under control, though. You are in good hands :)
I love your new heading.