Monday, September 13, 2010

I Got Wheels

I found this little used trike at our church's Gifts of the Heart swap.  I've been looking for a bike all summer for her, but she's in between sizes.  The big bikes were all too big and the little bikes too little.  I figured I'd wait until next year to get her a bigger bike.  But the price on this one couldn't be beat (free!), so I thought we'd try it out.


Tess LOVES this bike!  When she wakes up in the morning, the first words out of her mouth are, "How about my bike, Mom?  I wanna ride my bike!"  She's made good progress on it, and can ride it on her own as long as she's going downhill.  Which means Ryan and I took turns pushing her uphill all weekend.


I still need to de-princessify it, but that would mean she'd have to stop riding it for a few minutes.  I'm glad she loves it, but my back is hoping that her enthusiasm for it will die down soon.

3 comments:

Dipsy said...

What DARLING pictures! Love you!

ML said...

She's a pro! I'm so glad you found a perfectly sized bike for her. I personally think the princesses add to the charm, but what do I know, eh?

Maureen said...

Oh she's cute! I especially like her ice cream hair clips! I wouldn't bother going through the work of de-princessfying it, wouldn't that just draw attention to princesses? Live and let live! (Especially if it means scraping off stickers for three hours straight.)