Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not for the Faint of Heart

Is this a sight that strikes fear in your heart?  

No?  How about this?

So, Dad's been out a for visit this week.  Can you tell how much he loves me? 
He loves me new "water-vapor barrier" much.

And new "cement board" much.

And new "thinset" much.

And lots and lots of new tile much.  Lots of it.



It's been an exhausting, dirty and sweaty few days as Dad and I slaved away on this much needed new shower.  Tess has adapted to her life as a Pingu orphan by day and mermaid by night.  (There are functioning showers at the pool.)


Has your blood pressure stabilized at all yet?  Have you ever wondered what it would take to replace all the plumbing in your house?  Oh, your pipes must not be polybutylene.



Plumbers tackle the job over two days and then we'll get to sheetrocking.  
Yep, that's a big hole behind the couch too.


There's a huge cut in Tess' wall and more ceiling and bathroom cuts to come tomorrow.  I was worried that Tess would never fall asleep tonight with her room torn up.  I covered over the gash in her wall and her only concern was that her seashells on her wall from the beach were missing. 

Copper is starting to shine forth in place of old gray piping.

I will get through this week.  I will get through this week.

7 comments:

Dipsy said...

You should have warned me not to read this right before I go to bed. HORRIFYING!!!!!!! Not in my wildest imagination did I think it would be this bad! Not the tile---it's beautiful! But all of the holes in the walls! Now it looks like there's more holes than walls. You two are fearless, hard workers. It will be so nice to have it done! I'm proud of you too, Tess, our little Pingu-lover.

Ryan said...

And you wonder why it's past midnight and I'm still up. I haven't slept all week.

Dipsy said...

It's WAY past midnight your time. GO TO SLEEP!!! BTW, I couldn't get Baby Caroline's pics to work.

Ryan said...

They're on Facebook now if you go to Laura"s page.

ML said...

Eeeeek! Good gracious, child! Scary, very scary. But in the event that you get too overwhelmed by it all, just rip out all the walls and call it urban-loft-hip. Exposed pipes are all the rage these days.

Maureen said...

OH my. OH ME OH MY. I have to peek through my hands because I'm covering my face in horror.

Dad. Is. Awesome. Love the new shower, the tile looks fantastic!

angie said...

Oh my! Thankfully we r just replacing what was wet.... that looks awfully scary! My dad does the same thing when ge comes :-) wish he were here now! I'll keep u on speed dial if we need help. Reality: tom will not admit to needing help.