Sunday, May 24, 2009

Enriched

I got a new calling today: Enrichment counselor in the RS Presidency. Sound familiar, Meredith?

A little intimidating since we've had some great enrichment activities lately, and event planning isn't exactly my strong suit. Our ward still has monthly Enrichment mtgs--not just quarterly activities. I think that's great (or I did when I wasn't planning them).

At least I have a super-creative, way-fun Enrichment leader to work with (Am I buttering you up, Caroline? Is it working? We'll need to summon all of your creative energies. Are seances looked down upon during Enrichment planning meetings?)


A little-known image from an early Relief Society meeting
(back when activity nights were still called "Homemaking")

One other thing I'll inherit from the former counselor--her sewer church keys. Is bleach an effective disinfectant on metal? We're going to miss you, Rebecca!

To be truthful, I'm kind of looking forward to the new position. I complained a lot, but I really enjoyed working with our Primary presidency (complaining is half the fun). I kind of worked by myself as Compassionate Service leader, and I like having other people to bounce ideas off of (and to complain to).

So put you're thinking caps on--I'm going to need your best Enrichment ideas. Maybe I should sponsor a contest. The winner gets a whole loaf of Wonder Bread.

While I've been working on this post, here's what Tess has been working on. Sometimes I wonder if they give us these callings to foster our children's sense of independence (aka neglect by church calling).




Tess likes to drink from a straw.
I think she was thirsty.

4 comments:

Dipsy said...

I think Tess is trying to express her creative side. You've always had a very strong creative side too, Miriam. Time to let it shine! Congratulations! Love, Mom

Maureen said...

I LOVE the Tess pics. Nice to know Isaac isn't the only one into mischief!

Congrats on the calling! Mer is a great resource, although you might have to narrow down some of her hundreds of ideas...

Unknown said...

Perfect time to dig out the book "The Art of Homemaking." You could have a class on creative ways to fold the laundry :) I have two all time favorite Enrichment activities: We had a "Girls Camp Night" where we went to a camp site near out house and did all the things we did at Girls Camp (we had secret sisters, roasted marshmallows, sang camp songs, did skits) It was sooo much fun and the best part was that we didn't have to actually camp out!! My other fav was "Health Night." We had a little lesson on foods and did a taste test of normal veggies vs. organic ones (the organic ones tasted better) then we had a yoga instructor come and give us a 30 min yoga lesson and we had fruit smoothies afterwards. FUN FUN

Unknown said...

p.s. little curly locks looks like she is peeing milk!! Now that's some creativity :)