Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Cream of the Crop

I was inspired by a late night get-away at the bookstore. From the Runner's World Complete Book of Beginning Running:

"Don't be embarrassed by your running. You might think you look slow and awkward. Slower than who? The two-thirds of all Americans who don't exercise at all? The 95 percent who couldn't run a mile without stopping? As a slow runner, you're still the cream of the crop."


So now I'm registered for my first 5K. Here goes nothing!



Fit Families 5K Running Festival

Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 8:30 AM - Fairfax, VA

As the spotlight event for the City of Fairfax Trails Day Celebration, join us for our 3rd annual running festival for the entire family! 1-mile fun run FOR THE KIDS, and a 5K run/walk through Daniels Run trail system. The 5K is 1/2 trail and 1/2 street. Activities during and after the races to include moon bounce, face painting, vendors, food, music and more.


2 comments:

Dipsy said...

You GO GIRL! I'm right behind you. Okay. Maybe not RIGHT behind you, but within a mile or two. Dad and I are still both in shock that Miriam is running in a race!

Maureen said...

AWESOME!! I love the quote, it is SO TRUE. You are absolutely creamy in my book (yes that's a compliment).

If all else fails, at least you can have fun in the moon bounce!

You'll do great, wish I was there to cheer you on...