Sunday, November 9, 2008

More, More, More of the Morleys!



What a fun weekend we had with Ryan's sister Ann, and her 3 kiddos Kate, Truman and Jake! They flew clear across country from CA for a short stay at Nana & Papa's house. It's been years since Ry & I have seen them, and Tess got to meet her Aunt Annie and cousins for the first time!


We spent Sat. evening together and we all went to church and spent the day together on Sunday. We watched a great movie (Nim's Island); had a 3-way birthday party for Nana, Papa & Ryan; and we worked on some intricate holiday crafts together.



Well, we started off making the crafts together. Next thing we know, Kate abandoned her miniature styrofoam snowman and left Nana to endure third-degree hot-glue burns and Ry to fashion a tiny hat from felt and dental floss. I'm still finding pieces of snowman glitter in Tess' hair. Truman turned out to be the true crafter--he assembled his reindeer craft, aptly titled "Raindy," 100% by himself.



Kate, Truman and Jake (who copies everything Kate & Truman say & do) are such cute kids! It was fun to have the Higginbotham house full of children. Tess just took it all in--I told her this is what it would be like to have siblings!


My two favorite cutie pies in the whole world!



Thanks for coming to see us Morleys! We miss you!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

FINALLY a family picture of you three!! The last one was when Tess was like two days old. Now what craft will I make with it...

No pics of your "intense crafting?" I'm dying to see the tiny hat!

Sounds like Sooki could encourage girls to become anorexic...

Another HORRIFIC read for tots: "Millions of Cats" by Wanda Gag. I checked this out when K was in her cat-loving phase, and she ended up in tears.

Shari said...

I've been waiting for a post of you guys with Ann and the kids! Such cute pictures. I bet you all had so much fun.

I was so proud of Ann for braving the travel by herself with the kids! I miss her.

Ann said...

Yeah! We had so much fun seeing you and our favorite Tess!!! We should have taken pictures of the crafts! That was pretty funny. I actually left them in VA to stay with the elves in the backyard! Now, you need to come back to San Diego to see us!!! We miss you already!

Maureen said...

BUY A MEMORY CARD ALREADY.

Unknown said...

Hi Mir
I am such a blog slacker!!!! I will hopefully do the birthday post today. I need to get it done before Brooke's birthday. That's my motivation.