Saturday, November 22, 2008

Daddy Love

Ryan is so in love with his baby. Every time he sees a baby in an advertisement he says, "That baby is nowhere near as cute as Tess. She is just so much cuter." I tried to explain to him that as Tess' parents, we are probably a little biased as to her cuteness. He doesn't buy it.


Saturday morning cartoons.
There was no way I could resist taking this shot.
But then again, I'm biased.

From my observations, the feeling is mutual. Tess could rewrite the half-hearted lyrics to I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home. Every night she gives Dad a reception like she does for no one else. Whenever he walks through the door, she stops what she is doing and starts squealing, shaking her head back and forth, waving her hands and kicking frantically. She gets so excited and immediately pivots around to start skooching toward him.

"Da Da" is Tess' favorite "happy" word. When she's in a good mood, she loves saying "Da da da da." "Ma ma," on the other hand, is not a happy sound for her. She reserves "Ma ma" for when she is most displeased. For example, when she does not want to go down for a nap, I'll hear whining wails from her room to the tune of: "Ma ma ma ma MAAAAA!" I know she loves me, but there is just something special about Dad.

They are so lucky to have each other and I'm blessed to have them both!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

That is so dear. I love her hand wrapped around one finger. Looks like they'll always be pals.

Unknown said...

That is soooo cute. I hope they are watching Scooby Doo

Dipsy said...

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures. I keep looking at it over and over! Love, Dipsy

Ann said...

I love that!!! I can just hear Ryan saying that! So fun seeing my little brother as a dad! And a great dad too!