Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowball Fight Between Glass

We got a few snowflakes today.  
Tess was ECSTATIC and first spotted them when only microscopic 
flakes were falling from the sky.  

Tess LOVES to play in the snow, but me not so much.  
And Tess always wants someone to play with her.  


Drew loves to watch Tess do pretty much anything.


So I perched him behind the glass door and Tess belted snowballs 
at him all afternoon, to his great delight.




I am a brilliant mother.


Or at least I thought I was.  
But the snow kept falling, and I only worked to postpone the inevitable until after dark.  


Snowman Jack, January 2012
Tess came up with idea of using frozen blueberries for his eyes and mouth.
She went to bed crying because Dad didn't want to make snow angels with her in the dark.  
"But I have a flashlight!"  
Her snow love is insatiable.

8 comments:

Dipsy said...

I know a funny story about you and frozen blueberries! You ARE a brilliant mom! Nothing beats two happy lids playing together! You officially have more snow than Idaho!

Dipsy said...

I mean kids, not lids!

Nana and Papa said...

Ohmygosh! For some reason, just the sight of those blueberries brings back bad memories. Ha, ha.

xo Nana

Miriam said...

Hey, now! Ganging up on all sides!

Nana and Papa said...

WHAT?!!! Ryan didn't want to make a snow angel in the freezing dark outside after a long day and killer commute??? Hey, I raised him to be better than that. Better get your wings on, Ry.

xo Nana

ML said...

I'm with you, Mir. Bri takes all snow duty at our house. Luckily almost every snowstorm we've had has landed on a Saturday when Bri is home. He's become quite the angel/snowman expert.

Ryan said...

Tess observed this morning that one of the blueberry eyes and the carrot nose had fallen from the snowman.

rkh

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.