Friday, January 27, 2012

Check-Up

Tess checked out quite well at her annual physical exam.  Tess Bess weighed in at 33.5 lbs and she's 41.5 inches tall.  That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 92nd percentile for height!!!  I suspected a bit of a growth spurt over the past couple months, since all of her pants are now highwaters.

We got to wait in the princess examination room, and the nurse left a blue "princess" examination gown for her to wear.  

 

We had a long wait, so we fashioned her a crown out of paper from the examination table.  I asked Tess why she kept giving me this goofy smile with half-mast eyelids.  She said it was her "princess smile."  "That how princesses smile, don't you know?!!"


She decided she looked most like the princess in the blue dress.


After all that fairytale pretending, she got a sharp dose of reality with 5 vaccinations.  Five!  She's really good for shots, though.  She hardly flinched and shed a single tear.  The nurses were astonished.  

Tess is pleased with the 3 decorative bandaids on her thighs (1 with penguins and 2 Tinkerbells).  Last night she told me,  "Mom, you know why I like to pull my pants down?  So I can look at my bandaids."

Tess' legs have been very sore around because of the vaccinations and she told me she needed "suspenders" because her legs were broken.  I told her that crutches were for broken legs.  She turned red when I told her that suspenders were for people whose pants keep falling down.


Now she keeps asking me for "cut-ez" and I keep telling the paper bag princess her to pull her pants up.

5 comments:

ML said...

Good job being so brave, sparkle bum -- Lauren

Maureen said...

Wow, I can't believe how brave she was! Kenzie still gets hysterical when she needs a shot, three people have to hold her down :\

Dipsy said...

Hey, what's all this suspender trash talk? It could give a guy a red face.
Papa

Nana and Papa said...

Poor little legs. Brave big girl.

xo nana

Miriam said...

Well, Dad, you tell ME what suspenders are for then? A fashion statement? ;)