Thursday, July 22, 2010

Boy Oh Boy!

So we got news today that's going to change everything:
It's a boy!
He's going to hate me for this, isn't he?

I always rationally knew this was a possibility--there are only 2 options, after all. Ry & I both had a feeling this was a boy. But I was certain Tess was going to be a boy and I was dead wrong, so I thought I might be wrong about this one too.

Ry came with me to the ultrasound. The baby was much easier to see on ultrasound than Tess was. Ry said his first thought when the images popped up on the screen was, "That is a baby boy." Not because of obvious genitalia, just because he looked like a boy. Funny, because I had the very same thought (slash sinking feeling).

OK, so I'm admittedly a little nervous about having a boy. In my mind, another girl would be much easier. I just don't know what to expect with a little boy. I was telling Ryan that last night and he said I was making him nervous.

So, we're all feeling a little ambivalent here. When we told Tess she was having a brother, she was quiet for a long time. She heard me tell someone on the phone she was having a brother, and I heard her say, "Sister."

But then I had her list some of the things her baby brother would like. She came up with: "Soccer, coloring, sunglasses, bubbles, Curious George, choo choo trains, blocks, splashing, and tickles on Mom & Dad's bed."


That doesn't sound so different.

We're warming up to the idea. (Did I forget to mention he's perfectly healthy and really cute?)

But what am I going to do with all these pink clothes?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The Chinese Calendar is right again :) You'll LOVE LOVE LOVE having a boy!!!! Mir, he'll be your little boyfriend and Ry, he'll follow you around and copy everything you do. I was a little nervous at first but you get over it quickly. I am so excited for you. Welcome to the world of blue. Clothes are a-comin'

Ryan said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Laura! If he's anywhere near cute as Andrew, we have nothing to worry about!

Dipsy said...

Really cute is right! I've never seen such a cute ultrasound picture as that profile is. This little baby boy is so lucky to have you and Ryan as his mommy and daddy, and Tess as his sister. Talk about "Bliss Complete"!

Maureen said...

I have NEVER seen such cute ultrasound photos! He is absolutely adorable! Oh my goodness I'm in love with him! I just want to give that little nose a smooch!

So happy he's healthy! And of course I have to say it... I told you so :)

Nana and Papa said...

Need I mention how much I adored (and continue to adore) my baby boy?!!!! Congrats to all of us.

xxoo Nana

Maureen said...

Couldn't resist coming back to admire your sweet baby again!

ML said...

Wow -- it's just his ultrasound and he's already super photogenic! Love him!

East Coast Jenny said...

WHAT A SWEET PROFILE SHOT OF YOUR SON.