Thursday, July 15, 2010

A-Beach Vacation 2010: Our Arrival

Our first family beach vacation was a blast! I was a little worried how it would all go over, but we really had a fun time. I came back with so many pictures, I'm going to break them up in installments.
After a long and VERY rainy trip, we finally arrived in Dewey Beach, Delaware. We like the Delaware beaches because they are close to both the crashing ocean and calmer bays. Last time we visited I was pregnant with Tess and I thought it would be such a fun place to bring little kids. We rented a 2-bedroom condo, conveniently located with the beach across the street from the ocean and Rehoboth Bay right behind us. Here are some pics from our window. (The day we arrived was so dark and stormy!)
This way to the beach!
This way to the bay!
The first place I tried to rent fell through, so this was one of the few left. There were no pics available for this condo, so I took a leap of faith in picking it, but it was gorgeous! We totally lucked out! (I'm sure if they posted pics it would have already been rented out.)

Tess fell in love with her "beach house." (With the exception of the "scary plant" in our room, which I had to hide in the closet.) She loved her little room and settled in quickly there. That was big relief because we were worried if she'd sleep on this trip. We brought her fan, blankies and "Jesus songs" to simulate her sleeping environment. We also said a prayer with her each night that she wouldn't be scared and would sleep well.

One night I asked Tess if she wanted a prayer so she wouldn't be scared and she said yes. I said a prayer asking that she would fall asleep easily. After the prayer Tess said, "But Momma, I a-SCARED!" and she pretended to shake. So I said prayer #2, this time asking that Tess wouldn't be scared. Pleased with this offering, she curled up in her pillow and fell asleep. Whew!

Let the vacation begin!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

That last picture is gorgeous!

That plant WAS a little scary, Tess.

Unknown said...

That looks like the DREAM vacation!!! I want to stay at that place :) I'll even put up with the scary plant.

Dipsy said...

Sometimes its a lot of work to have fun...but so worth it! Tess will remember this forever!

Nana and Papa said...

More! More! You really did have a stroke of great luck with that condo. It's gorgeous. Glad everything went so well. And, a pox on the scary plant!
xxoo
Nana