Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Have a Potty!


Tess has been showing interest in the potty lately, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a shot at potty training.

After one day potty-filled day, I'm not so sure that Tess is quite ready for all that potty-training entails. And I'm pretty certain that I'm nowhere near ready.

Tess loves the freedom of being diaper-less, and she loves sitting on her pretty, pink potty. In fact, that's how she spent a good portion of her time yesterday. Problem is that I don't think she quite understands when she needs to use the potty.

So, in addition to her cries of "Oh no, mommy! A mess! A mess! Wet!," I heard myself saying things I never imagined coming out of my mouth: "No, Tess, please don't pee on the corn." "No, Tess, we don't pee on pretzels." "No, Tess! Do NOT eat that pretzel that you just peed on!"

I think I'll put away the Pull-Ups for now and stock up on some more diapers.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Yeah, be prepared to follow behind with Resolve Spot Cleaner for the next 3 months.

Dipsy said...

I love how Tess's shirt matches the potty. Always ready for a photo op! Love, Dipsy

ML said...

I'm with you. I bought a Pony to bribe Lauren into using the potty. She stole the pony and has occasionally had the ponies use the potty.