Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Friends & Hearts



Tess' friend Cade came to play this morning. They are so silly together. Cade told his mom he was going to make Tess laugh. Mission accomplished.

We are glad to have Christmas cleaned up and behind us--time to move on! So we decorated with Valentine's hearts today. Tess knows that Valentine's Day is about hearts and love (she gives herself a hug when she says this) and cards. I don't know how she knows about Valentine's Day cards, but somehow she does.



Speaking of people she loves, we were driving into DC on I-95 yesterday and when we got to about Alexandria, Tess started saying, "Dipsy, Dipsy!" Another mile or so, she said "Airport, airplane, ZOOM!" We were near the airport, but there were no visible signs for the airport or any planes to be seen. We've been to pick Dipsy up at that airport once, maybe twice, in Tess' memory. Tess has such incredible sense of place, it astonishes me!



We had one last IVF appointment yesterday before our cycle starts. Everything is set to go--we begin shots Feb. 9th.

I've got 4 more "Christmas" lbs. to lose...and then another 10 "pre-Christmas" lbs. to shed after that. I wanted to get them off before pregnancy...so I can just gain them back during pregnancy???? Or maybe not. OK--I don't really know what I want right now and my poor body is so confused.

New goal: Exercise & do my best to eat right. Let my body decide what the heck it wants to do. Be happy with that.

6 comments:

Dipsy said...

I love your new goal. It's pretty much the one I am on right now--although I'm not planning to get pregnant-- just to set the record straight. Love Cade and Tess's laughing pictures! And I'll be seeing my brilliant Tess at "our" airport in 9 weeks! Love, Dipsy

Maureen said...

I think that's a wonderful goal for you! Mom's going out for spring break? Jealous!

Leslie said...

Miriam, love the new blog design. Still love reading about all of Tess' antics. It sounds like you guys have so much fun together and Tess is surely a character! Good luck with all of your IVF treatments. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

ML said...

Yes, very good goal. Make sure you're loving yourself through it all -- perhaps you should give yourself a hug from time to time?

Ryan said...

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm, Mer?

Unknown said...

If you guys have a boy, I think he might look like Cade!! They look like they could be brother and sister. I love the Valentine's decorations.