Friday, January 29, 2010

Rose-Colored Glasses

Just got back from the doctor because Tess came down with a fever last night. No vomiting, no congestion, so I figured it could be strep again. I was shocked to find out her fever was 104 degrees (I really need to get one of those more accurate ear thermometers)!

She tested negative for strep, so the doctor said it's a nasty virus. The doctor's guess--roseola. We'll see if Tess ends up with the tell-tale rash.



We had a pretty rough night last night. She was up for hours and kept saying, "I sick! I sick!" She's spent the day in our bed watching movies on the laptop and asking for "soo-mees" (smoothies). I think I'm going to start calling them "Soothe-Me's."

She's so cute when she's sick, though--it's the only time she wants me to snuggle her. When she wants to be held, she holds out her arms and says "Mommy, see me. See me, mama!" (That's what I do when I want to hold her: hold out my arms and say, "Come see me, Tess.")

Well, if she breaks out like this poor baby, she's going to be even easier to spot!

2 comments:

ML said...

Oh no! There is absolutely nothing worse than a sick kiddo. I'm so sorry! Very sad that the only time they want to snuggle is when they're contagious.

Maureen said...

Poor little bug. 104 degrees is no joke! Stock up on Pedialyte and popsicles and give that girl a kiss for me (that is, if she isn't contagious)!