Friday, April 29, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Easter--the long-awaited holiday--was quite the event at our house this year.  Tess was giddy with excitement for the Easter bunny to come.  We colored eggs, had an egg hunt, and Tess learned how to bite the ears off a chocolate bunny.




Tess left carrots out for the Easter Bunny.  Apparently he likes to dip his carrots because he left ranch pawprints and a thank you note on the plate.  Tess was delighted at the thought of the Easter Bunny breaking into our fridge in search of ranch dressing.









So, I know you're thinking, "That's an interesting choice for Tess' Easter dress."  No, it's not her Easter dress--it's a surprise dress-up princess outfit from Nana & Papa.  To match--what else?--her surprise Tangled princess doll.  Both the dress and doll are "Nana's house" toys and Tess absolutely adores them.











So I have a ton of pictures of Tess in her princess dress and none in her Easter dress.  What the heck is wrong with me?  Nine AM church just doesn't work with Easter pics.  (Plus I was starting in on a bout with some serious sinusitis migraines, but that's a different story.)  Trust me though, Tess and Drew were the cutest little bunnies you've ever seen.  I'm planning to go get Tess & Drew's Easter portraits done at a studio.

But that plan is on hold until Tess recovers from her recent run-in with the sidewalk.  Big goose-egg on her head, scraped-up cheek and a bitten lip.  A little too much hoppin' down the bunny trail, if you know what I mean.


Hoppy Easter!

5 comments:

Dipsy said...

Where to start! These pictures are adorable of the whole family. It makes me miss you so much! June is just too far away! Drew is growing into a fine little man. Tess is a beautiful princess. Ryan looks so happy with his two babies. And Miriam has that special aura of joy.

I'd forgotten about the critter twins. I'm glad you didn't forget.

I want to see your new haircut, Mimi!

ML said...

Loved the dress. Not sayin another word... just really loved the dress.

Ann said...

So do the dress and doll stay at Nana's house??? If so, I think Tess is going to want to visit Nana and Papa everyday!! :) She looks like a little princess in her dress. I think it is hilarious that you didn't get any pix of her in her real Easter dress, although I TOTALLY understand why!!! :) Good thing we got lots in the princess easter hunt!

Nana and Papa said...

haha Meredith! I was just waiting for you to check in (big evil grin). Poor Mimi. She got "overprincessed" by the wicked mother-in-law. No, wait, that's a Disney movie!!! Of course, when she took Tess to see "Tangled," she opened the door to all kinds of terrible influences. . .

Ducking and Running,

Nana

Maureen said...

Yep, Tess looks like she loves the Princess dress! Adorable munchkins :) I liked the paw prints!!