Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mega-Post!

OK, I've gotten a little behind on posting, so time for catch-up!

Ryan's 37th Birthday

Ryan is now another year older and wiser too!  


Mer & Bri watched Tess while we took in a Wizards game, which was a lot of fun.  It was an exciting game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.  The teams were pretty well matched and took turns taking the lead.  Ryan could probably provide a more technical recap of the game.  In the end though, victory eluded us, Washington 102 - Cleveland 107.

The celebration continued at Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, where we attempted to decipher an engimatic menu written largely unfamiliar culinary terms.  (10 points to anyone who can correctly translate this dish:  "White Pudding with Warm Du Puy Lentils.")  We managed to pick delicious dishes and we enjoyed a relaxing meal in this beautiful restaurant.


Tess & Lauren
We've been lucky to spend a lot of time with Meredith and Lauren on their east coast visit.  Tess and Lauren are the cutest two little peas in a pod.  Mer and I can't get over how easy it is when they're together because they totally entertain themselves and are just happy to be together.


Preschool

Mer was here to help with preschool this month and Tess was excited to have Lauren come to her "school."

Gratuitous Tess Pics


Guess This Means I Need to Pack My Hospital Bag

The other day Tess told me I needed to watch her bunny while she went to the "doctor."  She then proceeded to bring me everything that bunny would need while she was gone, including a jacket, a blankie, his milk, and his "bed" for a nap (her toy sink).  And apparently he needs his fur blow-dried.

4 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Thanks for the "wowza" post. So much fun stuff going on your house among the birthday, the preschool, and Tess with Lauren. Loved the butterfly wings.

BTW, Le Puy, France, is famous for its lentils. . .not exactly an everyday factoid, but true.

xxoo Nana

Maureen said...

She has the prettiest eyes! Your preschool looks like SO much fun! I wish Tess would make ME a turkey hat!

Yes, pack that bag! I missed having a bag for the first two because they came so stinkin' early. With Xander, I had just packed the bag the same afternoon! Better safe than sorry... laboring without chapstick is just no fun!

Dipsy said...

You are so photogenic, Miriam! I never looked that good in my 9th month!

Love the picture of the girls in the tent. All that's missing is ME! Wish I were there.

Dipsy said...

I want to snuggle in the toddler tent.
Papa